Turn on compatibility mode
- Open a PowerPoint presentation.
- On the File tab, click Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, in the Save as type list, click PowerPoint 97-2003 Presentation (*. ppt).
- Click Save.
- Open the file in an earlier version of PowerPoint.
How can I see an older version of PowerPoint?
- Microsoft PowerPoint sorts older versions of the document by date and time here. To load a previous version of the presentation, click the “Open version” button below the version that you need to go back to. This will open a read-only file that shows an older version of your PowerPoint presentation.
- 1 How do I open an older version of PowerPoint?
- 2 Can you open a PowerPoint 2010 presentation in an older version of PowerPoint?
- 3 How do I open a PPTX file in PowerPoint 2010?
- 4 Why PPTX file is not opening?
- 5 How do I recover a PowerPoint that was not saved?
- 6 How do I recover a PPT I accidentally written over?
- 7 What does the Office 2010 version of PowerPoint have that earlier versions do not?
- 8 How do I update PowerPoint 2007 to 2019?
- 9 How do I open a PPTX file in PowerPoint 2013?
- 10 How do I open a PowerPoint that won’t open?
- 11 How do I convert PowerPoint 2019 to 2013?
- 12 What do you do when PowerPoint won’t open?
- 13 How do I open a PPTX file without PowerPoint?
- 14 How do I open a PPTX file in PowerPoint?
- 15 What app will open PPTX?
How do I open an older version of PowerPoint?
Open the file you want to view. Go to File > Info > Version History. Select a version to open it. If you want to restore a previous version you’ve opened, select Restore.
Can you open a PowerPoint 2010 presentation in an older version of PowerPoint?
If you are running older versions of PowerPoint or MS Office (like PowerPoint 2003 or 2000) and you want to open a PowerPoint presentation that was created in a recent version such as PowerPoint 2007, 2010 or even the new PowerPoint 2013, then you can do that by installing a compatibility pack named Microsoft Office
How do I open a PPTX file in PowerPoint 2010?
a) Right-click on the PowerPoint filename and select Properties. b) In the dialogue box that opens, click on the “Unblock” button. c) And press OK. This will have ‘unblocked’ the presentation and now you’ll be able to open it.
Why PPTX file is not opening?
If you’ve arrived at this article because you got an error message that PowerPoint can’t read a file or that the presentation cannot be opened, it’s likely that Office has blocked the file for security reasons. You can unblock the file so it can be opened: Right-click the file and select Properties.
How do I recover a PowerPoint that was not saved?
Solution 1. With “Recover Unsaved Presentations”
- Open the PowerPoint on your PC.
- Click on the File tab in the upper left corner > Choose Open > In the “Recent” section, click Recover Unsaved Presentations in the bottom right corner.
- The Saved Drafts folder will open.
How do I recover a PPT I accidentally written over?
One method is to open Explorer and then navigate where you have saved the document. Here you can right click over the file and then choose Properties. Now, change the tab to Previous Versions and here the files should appear. Then, click Restore.
What does the Office 2010 version of PowerPoint have that earlier versions do not?
In 2010 there are more SmartArt diagrams for you to choose from. Additional benefits include easier conversion of SmartArt to texts and shapes, and SmartArt to text – which can all be completed more easily than in previous Office versions.
How do I update PowerPoint 2007 to 2019?
Go to File > Help > Check for Updates. Choose Install Updates or Check for Updates.
How do I open a PPTX file in PowerPoint 2013?
Right-click on the PPTX file and select PROPERTIES. On this dialogue box, you will see a button marked UNBLOCK, click on this and then press OK. Hope it’s helpful. It’s recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams.
How do I open a PowerPoint that won’t open?
If your PowerPoint refuses to open, attempt to start PowerPoint in Safe Mode by pressing the “Ctrl” key as you start it. A message will eventually pop up asking you if you want to start the program in Safe Mode; select “Yes”.
How do I convert PowerPoint 2019 to 2013?
Convert a presentation from a previous PowerPoint version to PowerPoint 2013 or later
- Click the File tab.
- On the Info tab, click Convert. After conversion, you are prompted to save the converted presentation. If the original presentation is a PowerPoint 97-2003 (.
What do you do when PowerPoint won’t open?
Try these solutions in the order listed below:
- Install the latest Office updates.
- Send a frown to the Office product team.
- Check whether PowerPoint is in use by another process.
- Investigate possible issues with add-ins.
- Repair Office.
- Check to see if your antivirus software is up-to-date.
How do I open a PPTX file without PowerPoint?
How to Open PPTx file without PowerPoint?
- Use OpenSource Presentation programs such as OpenOffice, LibreOffice etc.
- Use Google Slides by uploading the PPTX file to you Google Drive.
- Use WPS Office.
- OR use your Smartphone to view the PPTX files.
How do I open a PPTX file in PowerPoint?
A PPTX file is a Microsoft PowerPoint Open XML Presentation file. Open one with PowerPoint Viewer or PowerPoint, Google Slides, or another Office alternative. Convert to PDF, ODP, and others with those same programs or use a converter like Zamzar.
What app will open PPTX?
A file with the. pptx file extension is a Microsoft PowerPoint Open XML (PPTX) file created by Microsoft PowerPoint. You can also open this type of file with other presentation apps, like OpenOffice Impress, Google Slides, or Apple Keynote.