To apply a theme:
- Select the Design tab on the Ribbon, then locate the Themes group. Each image represents a theme.
- Click the More drop-down arrow to see all available themes.
- Select the desired theme.
- The theme will be applied to the entire presentation. To apply a different theme, simply select it from the Design tab.
How do you create a custom theme in PowerPoint?
- To create the Office Theme file using PowerPoint, follow these steps: Open PowerPoint and click the Design tab on the Ribbon. On the Design tab, select a theme. To change the color scheme, click the Colors drop-down list on the Theme section of the Design tab. Select new colors as desired and then type a name for your new theme in the Name field.
- 1 How do I use a downloaded theme in PowerPoint?
- 2 How do I apply a custom theme in PowerPoint?
- 3 Where do I put downloaded PowerPoint templates?
- 4 How do I apply a new template to an existing PowerPoint presentation?
- 5 How do I apply a custom theme to all slides in PowerPoint?
- 6 How do I apply a specific theme to a current presentation in PowerPoint 2007?
- 7 How do you add designs to PowerPoint?
- 8 How do I change a PowerPoint background template?
How do I use a downloaded theme in PowerPoint?
Importing a Theme
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint.
- On the Design tab, in the Themes group, click the drop-down arrow. Now click Browse for Themes. A new window will open, where you need to select the presentation that contains the theme you want to import.
How do I apply a custom theme in PowerPoint?
To change the current theme to another theme:
- On the DESIGN tab, in the Themes group, click More.
- Do one of the following:
- Under Custom, choose a custom theme to apply.
- Under Office, click a built-in theme to apply.
- Click Browse for Themes, and locate and click a theme.
Where do I put downloaded PowerPoint templates?
Go to the File Options menu and in the Save panel, find the box that says Default Personal Templates Location. This is the folder where PowerPoint will look for your templates. Paste in the path to where your custom templates are stored and then press OK. Your PowerPoint templates file location.
How do I apply a new template to an existing PowerPoint presentation?
Select File > New from Template. The PowerPoint Presentation Gallery opens. On the left, under Templates or Themes, click All. If you don’t have existing slides to add to the new presentation, simply begin creating slides in your new file.
How do I apply a custom theme to all slides in PowerPoint?
Apply a theme to all slides
- In the slide thumbnail pane on the left, select a slide.
- On the Design tab, in the Themes group, click the More button (illustrated below) to open the entire gallery of themes:
- Point the mouse at the theme you want to apply. Right-click it, and then select Apply to All Slides.
How do I apply a specific theme to a current presentation in PowerPoint 2007?
To select and apply a theme, click the thumbnail image of that theme. Unless you specify otherwise, PowerPoint applies the theme you select to the entire presentation. To apply a theme to only one or a few slides, select the slide or slides, right-click the theme you want, and select Apply to Selected Slides.
How do you add designs to PowerPoint?
Ask for design ideas any time by choosing Design > Design Ideas on the ribbon. PowerPoint shows design ideas for your slide. Scroll through the suggestions in the Design Ideas pane on the right side of the window. Click to select the design you want, or else close the window.
How do I change a PowerPoint background template?
On the View menu, click Normal, and then in the navigation pane, click the slide or slides that you want to change. On the Design tab, in Customize, click Format Background. Click Fill, and then click the Solid, Gradient, Picture or Texture, or Pattern option. Choose the background fills that you want.