There are two rulers in PowerPoint: one displays horizontally at the top of the active slide, and the other displays vertically along the left edge of the slide (shown below). To show the ruler, click View, and in the Show group, check Ruler. To hide the ruler, click View, and in the Show group, clear the Ruler box.
How do you get ruler to show up in PowerPoint?
- Click the “Advanced” tab on the left of the window, scroll to the Display group and place a check mark in the “Show vertical ruler” check box. Click “OK” to save your changes and close the PowerPoint Options window. Rulers only show up when you are editing slides. They are hidden automatically when you switch PowerPoint to slideshow mode.
- 1 Why does my PowerPoint slide have a line through it?
- 2 How do I get my PowerPoint back to normal?
- 3 How do I change the Ruler in PowerPoint?
- 4 How do you stop a PowerPoint presentation?
- 5 How do I hide but not delete a slide in PowerPoint?
- 6 How will you delete a slide from a presentation?
- 7 What does normal do in PowerPoint?
- 8 What units is the Ruler in PowerPoint?
- 9 How do I change my computer from inches to CM?
Why does my PowerPoint slide have a line through it?
In the slide pane on the left, the slide number has a slash through it. What does this mean? It means the slide has been hidden and will not show in the presentation. One way to use them is if you have a slide you may or may not want to show.
How do I get my PowerPoint back to normal?
Click View Slide Show.
- Click each slide until you reach the end of the slide show.
- Click to exit and return to Normal view.
How do I change the Ruler in PowerPoint?
On the PowerPoint menu, select Preferences, and then select View. Click the arrow next to Ruler units, and select a unit of measure from the list. You can select Inches, Centimeters, Points, or Picas.
How do you stop a PowerPoint presentation?
To stop or end a slide show: To end a slide show, hover and select the menu box options command and click End Show. You can also press the Esc key at the top left of your keyboard to end the show.
How do I hide but not delete a slide in PowerPoint?
Hide or un-hide a slide In the left navigation pane, select a slide. To hide a slide, right-click the slide that you want to hide, and then click Hide Slide. To show a slide that you previously hid, right-click the slide that you want to show, and then click Hide Slide.
How will you delete a slide from a presentation?
For a single slide: Right-click the slide in the thumbnail pane on the left, and select Delete Slide. For multiple slides: Press and hold Ctrl, and in the thumbnail pane on the left, select the slides. Release the Ctrl key.
What does normal do in PowerPoint?
Normal view is the editing mode where you’ll work most frequently to create your slides. Below, Normal view displays slide thumbnails on the left, a large window showing the current slide, and a section below the current slide where you can type your speaker notes for that slide.
What units is the Ruler in PowerPoint?
PowerPoint uses 2.4 cm per inch when the accepted standard is 2.54 cm. For more information please refer to the Microsoft Support Article 189826. If you are using PowerPoint for Mac, versions 2001, X or 2004 you can change the measurement unit from (Tools > Preferences)(View tab, “Ruler Units”).
How do I change my computer from inches to CM?
To change system settings, do the following:
- Open Control Panel:
- In the Control Panel dialog box, choose Change date, time, or number formats:
- In the Region dialog box, choose Additional settings:
- In the Customize Format dialog box, change Measurement system:
- Click OK or Apply and then OK.