If you don’t have PowerPoint installed on your computer, you can still open and view PowerPoint presentations by using PowerPoint for the web or PowerPoint on your mobile device. If you have Windows 10 on your computer, you can install PowerPoint Mobile to view presentations.
How can I run PowerPoint presentation without office?
- You can open PowerPoint file without Microsoft Office PowerPoint, instead, you can use the free program Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer. In this case, go to web browser searching for “Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer”, then download and install it on your computer for free.
- 1 How do I run PowerPoint manually?
- 2 How do I open a PowerPoint in my browser?
- 3 Why can’t I open a PowerPoint file?
- 4 What can open a PowerPoint file?
- 5 How do I make PowerPoint open automatically?
- 6 How can I access PowerPoint for free?
- 7 How do I open PowerPoint on my laptop?
- 8 How do I get my PowerPoint back on my screen?
- 9 How do I open a PPTX file without PowerPoint?
- 10 How do I open PowerPoint on Windows 10?
- 11 How do I open a PPTX file in Windows?
How do I run PowerPoint manually?
Start a slide show
- To start your slide show, on the Slide Show tab, select Play From Beginning.
- To manage your slide show, go to the controls in the bottom-left corner and do any of the following:
- To skip to any slide in the presentation, right-click the screen and select Go to Slide.
How do I open a PowerPoint in my browser?
Create and open a presentation in PowerPoint for the web
- Go to powerpoint.office.com. Or sign in to office.com/signin, select the Office 365 App Launcher.
- Select New blank presentation, open a Recent file, or select one of the themes.
- To name the presentation, select the title at the top and type a name.
Why can’t I open a PowerPoint file?
If you’ve arrived at this article because you got an error message that PowerPoint can’t read a file or that the presentation cannot be opened, it’s likely that Office has blocked the file for security reasons. You can unblock the file so it can be opened: Right-click the file in File Explorer and select Open.
What can open a PowerPoint file?
What Is a PPT File?
- A file with the PPT file extension is a Microsoft PowerPoint 97-2003 Presentation file.
- PPT files can be opened with any version of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Several free programs can also open and edit one, such as WPS Office Presentation, OpenOffice Impress, Google Slides, and SoftMaker Presentations.
How do I make PowerPoint open automatically?
To set up a PowerPoint presentation to run automatically, do the following:
- On the Slide Show tab, click Set Up Slide Show.
- Under Show type, pick one of the following: To allow the people watching your slide show to have control over when they advance the slides, select Presented by a speaker (full screen).
How can I access PowerPoint for free?
Accessing Microsoft PowerPoint and other core Office programs is free via the web, and all you’ll need is a Microsoft account. Head over to Office.com and create an account, or log into one that you already have.
How do I open PowerPoint on my laptop?
Click on the PowerPoint icon in the Taskbar. If you do not see the icon, go to the Start button, right-click, and choose Search. Type “PowerPoint” in the search field, and when PowerPoint appears, double-click it. (Windows 7: Go to the Start button, then All Programs and choose PowerPoint.
How do I get my PowerPoint back on my screen?
If PowerPoint appears on the taskbar, right-click an empty space on the taskbar and select Cascade windows to see if it returns to the main screen. If that doesn’t work, hold down Shift and right-click the PowerPoint icon on the taskbar.
How do I open a PPTX file without PowerPoint?
How to Open PPTx file without PowerPoint?
- Use OpenSource Presentation programs such as OpenOffice, LibreOffice etc.
- Use Google Slides by uploading the PPTX file to you Google Drive.
- Use WPS Office.
- OR use your Smartphone to view the PPTX files.
How do I open PowerPoint on Windows 10?
Click the “Open Existing Presentation” radio button and then click “Open.” Browse to where your PPT file is located and click “Open” to see the PPT file. With Impress, you can not only view the presentation but also edit it.
How do I open a PPTX file in Windows?
A PPTX file is a Microsoft PowerPoint Open XML Presentation file. Open one with PowerPoint Viewer or PowerPoint, Google Slides, or another Office alternative. Convert to PDF, ODP, and others with those same programs or use a converter like Zamzar.