“Keep it to one slide for every three minutes.” Even presentation pros like Guy Kawasaki will advocate for the 10/20/30 rule (10 slides, 20 minutes, 30 point font).
How long should a power point presentation be?
- When creating a Powerpoint presentation you can’t go wrong with the “10-20-30 Rule.” Here is a breakdown of this rule: 10 slides are the optimal number to use for any presentation. 20 minutes is the longest amount of time you should speak. 30 point font is the smallest font size you should use on your slides.
- 1 How many slides is a 30 minute PowerPoint?
- 2 How long is a 30 slide presentation?
- 3 How long is a 20 slide PowerPoint?
- 4 How many PowerPoint slides is 5 minutes?
- 5 How many slides is a 45 minute presentation?
- 6 How do I make a 30 minute powerpoint presentation?
- 7 How many slides is a 10 minute Reddit?
- 8 How long is a 10 minute presentation?
- 9 How many seconds are in a slide?
- 10 How many slides is a 15 minute presentation?
- 11 What is the maximum number of slides in Powerpoint?
- 12 How many slides should a 10 minute PowerPoint be?
- 13 How many slides is a 60 minute presentation?
- 14 How do you make a 5 minute PowerPoint?
How many slides is a 30 minute PowerPoint?
Now you can look at your content and do a few quick calculations to get a rough idea of how many slides you might need. For a 30-minute presentation with 5 points with two subpoints each and a takeaway, that’s in the neighborhood of 20 slides.
How long is a 30 slide presentation?
Some experts recommend 1 to 2 slides per minute, or 30 to 60 slides for an hour-long talk. That’s about the average count in corporate presentations—but most of them cram too much information on each slide. If you’ve broken your content down to one idea per slide, you may end up with more than 60 slides.
How long is a 20 slide PowerPoint?
This rule dictates that you should use about ten slides for a twenty minute presentation, and each slide should utilize thirty point font. In other words, each slide should be about two minutes in length.
How many PowerPoint slides is 5 minutes?
How many slides are in a 5-minute presentation? Generally speaking, you’ll want to stick to just five or six slides for a five-minute presentation, but there’s no set limit on how many yours will require. You may choose to have twenty slides and to spend about 10 or 15 seconds on each depending on your subject matter.
How many slides is a 45 minute presentation?
So, how many slides for a 45 minute presentation? Following the previous advices, plus the 10/20/30 rule, if a presentation of 20 minutes takes 10 slides, a 45 minute presentation would take between 20 and 25 slides.
How do I make a 30 minute powerpoint presentation?
How Many Slides for a 30 Minute Presentation
- Estimate how much time do you require to present your slides in average and add 30 more seconds to the result.
- Then divide 30 minutes by the time spent on a single slide.
- The result will give you an idea about how many slides for 30 minutes.
How many slides is a 10 minute Reddit?
Rule of thumb for the number of slides is 10 slides for 10 minutes, and many speakers will vary between 20 to 30 seconds or a minute per slide.
How long is a 10 minute presentation?
The general rule for speech giving is 100 to 200 words per minute. With this in mind, a 10-minute speech would require 1,000 to 2,000 words.
How many seconds are in a slide?
In general, you should be able to talk for at least 30 seconds per slide. If you don’t have at least 30 seconds of content then you might consider combining the idea with another slide; or maybe use it as part of a progressive build.
How many slides is a 15 minute presentation?
A 15-minute presentation should have 15-20 slides. Aiming for one slide per 45-60 seconds in your presentation allows you to be informative and professional without sharing too little or too much.
What is the maximum number of slides in Powerpoint?
As a curiosity more than a practical matter, PPT can theoretically (*theoretically* mind you) handle up to 2,147,483,647 or so slides. At least, it can count that high.
How many slides should a 10 minute PowerPoint be?
Rule of thumb for the number of slides is 10 slides for 10 minutes, and many speakers will vary between 20 to 30 seconds or a minute per slide. Create only 10 or 12 slides to be used during this 10-minute period. Information on the slides should be able to be immediately absorbed.
How many slides is a 60 minute presentation?
For a 60-minute presentation, use five bullet points and seven slides. This time insert a couple of different stories as evidence of each bullet point.
How do you make a 5 minute PowerPoint?
Tips and Tricks for a 5 Minute PowerPoint Presentation
- Start with a Bang. The opening should be such that it promises your victory.
- Audience is the King. Your audience is the King!
- Keep it Short and Simple.
- Slow and steady wins the race.
- Add emotions and enthusiasm.
- Present an Infographic.
- Practice makes a man perfect.