In PowerPoint, on the Insert tab, click or tap Object. In the Insert Object dialog box, select Create from file. Click or tap Browse, and in the Browse box, find the Excel workbook with the data you want to insert and link to. Before you close the Insert Object box, select Link, and click OK.
How do I embed PowerPoint files into Excel?
- To embed a PowerPoint file into an Excel sheet. Go to INSERT tab — select ‘Object’ option in the Text group — Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation — Click OK. You can add, edit slides in the embedded PowerPoint from the Excel sheet itself.
- 1 How do you attach a file to a PowerPoint?
- 2 How do I insert a large Excel spreadsheet into PowerPoint?
- 3 How do you send an Excel file as an attachment?
- 4 How do you link an Excel chart to PowerPoint?
- 5 Where is the insert object in PowerPoint?
- 6 How do I insert a DOCX file into PowerPoint?
- 7 How do I open an Excel file in PowerPoint?
- 8 How do I copy a table format from Excel to PowerPoint?
- 9 How can I email a large Excel file?
- 10 How do you send a large Excel file through Outlook?
- 11 Why can’t I copy and paste from Excel to PowerPoint?
- 12 How do I automatically update data from Excel to PowerPoint?
How do you attach a file to a PowerPoint?
In PowerPoint, select the slide that you want to add the file to, and then select Insert > Object. In the Insert Object box, select Create from file, and then enter the PDF file location; or, click Browse, find the PDF file, and then select OK.
How do I insert a large Excel spreadsheet into PowerPoint?
Move your cursor to the spreadsheet’s bottom right edge. The cursor will change into a diagonal arrow, pointing in two directions. When it changes to that shape, click and drag the cursor to make the spreadsheet smaller. Release the button when the spreadsheet fits inside the slide.
How do you send an Excel file as an attachment?
Here are the steps to do this:
- Click on Send to Mail Recipient from the Quick Access Toolbar.
- In the Email dialogue box, select the option ‘Send the entire workbook as an attachment’.
- Click OK. This will open an outbound email with the workbook attached to it.
- Click on Send.
To embed a chart from Excel:
- In PowerPoint, select the Insert tab. Clicking the Insert tab.
- Click the Object command in the Text group.
- A dialog box will appear.
- Locate and select the desired Excel file, then click Insert.
- Check the box next to Link to file if you want to link the data to the Excel chart.
- Click OK.
Where is the insert object in PowerPoint?
Insert an embedded object Click in the slide where you want to place the object. On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Object.
How do I insert a DOCX file into PowerPoint?
Insert a Word document as an object
- Select the slide in which you want to place the Word document.
- Click Insert > Object.
- If the Word document already exists, in the Insert Object dialog box, select Create from file.
- Click Browse to locate the Word document you want to insert.
How do I open an Excel file in PowerPoint?
Follow the simple steps:
- Select the icon of the embedded file.
- Go to Insert Tab in the Ribbon.
- Select Action (next to Hyperlink)
- You can see two tabs: Mouse Click & Mouse Over which is self-explanatory.
- Select Object action: Open.
- Feel free to check “Play sound” and/or Highlight click if you want.
- Go to slideshow.
How do I copy a table format from Excel to PowerPoint?
- Copy the content from Excel.
- Open PowerPoint, go to Home tab, click on Paste>Paste Special.
- Select Paste link>Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object and press Ok.
How can I email a large Excel file?
By right-clicking on the file you can hit hover over ‘Send to’ and then hit ‘Compressed (zipped) folder’. That’ll shrink it down and should, hopefully, allow you to attach the ZIP file to the email.
How do you send a large Excel file through Outlook?
To send attachments via Large File Send from the Microsoft Outlook client:
- Create a Message.
- Click on the Mimecast tab.
- Click on the Attach Large Files icon.
- Select the Files you want to attach. Note:
- Click the Send button.
- Amend the Large File Send options as required: Note:
- Click on the Send button.
Why can’t I copy and paste from Excel to PowerPoint?
One reason copy paste might not be working could be due to the installed add-ins. You’ll have to remove all of them then try again. Fire up PowerPoint in regular mode, and navigate to File > Options > Add-Ins. Below of the dialog box, be sure to change the Manage drop-down option to COM add-ins and select Go.
How do I automatically update data from Excel to PowerPoint?
1) Create a chart in Excel and copy it. 2) Use Paste Special option and paste the copied chart into PowerPoint with data link. 3) Click on File > Info > select Automatic for Update option > Close. 4) Now save the PowerPoint and Excel files and close them.