To reference a PowerPoint presentation in APA Style, include the name of the author (whoever presented the PowerPoint), the date it was presented, the title (italicized), “PowerPoint slides” in square brackets, the name of the department and university, and the URL where the PowerPoint can be found.
What are the rules in APA format?
- APA format is made up of the rules and guidelines that the writer must use to write a successful research paper, online discussion post, or assignment. Some of these rules and guidelines include selection of headings, tone, length, punctuation, abbreviations, presentation of numbers and statistics,
- 1 Do you have to cite your professor’s PowerPoint in APA?
- 2 How do you cite a professor’s PowerPoint in APA 7?
- 3 How do you APA cite a lecture?
- 4 How do you cite a professor’s PowerPoint?
- 5 How do you cite a PowerPoint in APA with no author?
- 6 How do I cite an online lecture in APA?
- 7 How do you cite in a PowerPoint presentation?
- 8 How do you cite a professor’s lecture?
- 9 How do you cite a PowerPoint in APA 7th edition?
Do you have to cite your professor’s PowerPoint in APA?
PowerPoint presentations can be cited as a lecture or a personal communication in American Psychological Association style. When using in-text citations for a lecture, cite the source using the professor’s last name and date.
How do you cite a professor’s PowerPoint in APA 7?
Last name of professor, Initial of first name. Year of publication, if no date, then n.d. Title of PowerPoint in italics [PowerPoint slides]. URL of PowerPoint.
How do you APA cite a lecture?
Citing a lecture in APA Style Instead, you should usually just cite the lecture as a personal communication in parentheses in the text. State the lecturer’s name (initials and last name), the words “personal communication,” and the date of the lecture. For a talk at a conference, you do provide a full reference.
How do you cite a professor’s PowerPoint?
APA recommends citing PowerPoint slides from class as follows: Last name, first initials of professor. (year of PowerPoint). Title of PowerPoint presentation [PowerPoint slides].
When there is no author, provide the title of the PowerPoint. If the title is short, provide the full title. If it’s long, provide the first few words. When there is no date for the PowerPoint, use the initials “n.d.”
How do I cite an online lecture in APA?
When citing an online lecture, use the following basic format: Author Last Name, First Initial(s). (Year). Title of lecture: Subtitles if applicable [file format].
How do you cite in a PowerPoint presentation?
When citing an image in a PowerPoint presentation, the citation information can go under the image on the slide or on the references slide. For the citation, you need the creator’s name, the title of the work, medium, publisher, and place of publication, if available.
How do you cite a professor’s lecture?
Bibliography / Works Cited Citation: Last Name, First Name of professor. “Title or Subject of the Lecture.” Class lecture, Course Name, College Name, Location, Month Day, Year.
How do you cite a PowerPoint in APA 7th edition?
Author, A. A. (Year). Title [ PowerPoint slides ]. Platform e.g. SlideShare.