To cite a PowerPoint or other slide-based presentation in MLA style, the format depends on how you viewed the presentation.
How to cite a PowerPoint in MLA.
|Format||Author last name, First name. “Presentation Title.” Website Name, Day Month Year, URL.|
|In-text citation||(Vanderbauwhede, slide 4)|
Citing a PowerPoint MLA
- How to Cite MLA on PowerPoint Slides. Place the last name of the author, and the page number in parenthesis at the end of the sentence, before the period. Write (Davis 43) to cite material found on page 43 in a book written by an author with the last name Davis. Write all other in-text citations just as you would in an MLA-style research paper.
- 1 How do you cite PowerPoint slides?
- 2 Do PowerPoint slides need to be cited?
- 3 How do you cite a presentation MLA?
- 4 What is MLA format for PowerPoint?
- 5 How do you cite a PDF in MLA?
- 6 How do you do MLA citations for websites?
- 7 How do I cite an online PowerPoint presentation?
- 8 How do you in text cite in a PowerPoint?
- 9 How do you cite a lecture slide?
- 10 How do you cite a professor’s PowerPoint?
- 11 How do you do MLA format on Google Slides?
- 12 How do you cite a PowerPoint in IEEE?
How do you cite PowerPoint slides?
To reference a PowerPoint presentation in APA Style, include the name of the author (whoever presented the PowerPoint), the date it was presented, the title (italicized), “PowerPoint slides” in square brackets, the name of the department and university, and the URL where the PowerPoint can be found.
Do PowerPoint slides need to be cited?
When creating a PowerPoint you’ll need to cite your sources both in the text of your presentation, as well as on a references slide at the end. Every time you quote, paraphrase or use an image from a source in your presentation, you’ll need an in-text citation on your slide.
How do you cite a presentation MLA?
When citing an oral presentation, like a class lecture, give:
- the speaker’s name.
- the title of the presentation in quotation marks, if known.
- the name of the sponsoring organization.
- the date.
- the venue.
- the location. The city may be omitted if part of the venue name (e.g. Vancouver Convention Centre) (p. 50).
What is MLA format for PowerPoint?
An MLA Style paper should:
- Be typed on white 8.5“ x 11“ paper.
- Double-space everything.
- Use 12 pt. Times New Roman (or similar) font.
- Leave only one space after punctuation.
- Set all margins to 1 inch on all sides.
- Indent the first line of paragraphs one half-inch.
How do you cite a PDF in MLA?
Last name, First name. “Article Title.” Magazine/Newspaper Name, Day Month Year, pp. Pages, URL, PDF file or PDF download.
How do you do MLA citations for websites?
Author’s Last name, First name. “Title of the Article or Individual Page.” Title of the Website, Name of the Publisher, date of publication in day month year format, URL.
How do I cite an online PowerPoint presentation?
To cite your sources within a PowerPoint presentation, you can include your references or in-text citations on each slide. You can (a) provide the references verbally, (b) provide a reference list slide at the end of your presentation with corresponding in-text citations, or (c) combine these.
How do you in text cite in a PowerPoint?
To cite a PowerPoint in text in APA, you include the author and date of the PowerPoint when you are paraphrasing. To make a direct in text citation of a PowerPoint in APA, you include the author, date, and slide number.
How do you cite a lecture slide?
Basic format to reference lecture notes
- Author or authors. The surname is followed by first initials.
- Title (in italics).
- Description of format.
- Unit name and Unit code.
- Date lecture was delivered.
How do you cite a professor’s PowerPoint?
APA recommends citing PowerPoint slides from class as follows: Last name, first initials of professor. (year of PowerPoint). Title of PowerPoint presentation [PowerPoint slides].
How do you do MLA format on Google Slides?
To set up MLA in Google Docs using this template:
- Open a new document and select File > New > From template.
- The template gallery will open in a separate browser tab. Scroll down to the Education section and select Report MLA Add-on.
- A new document will open with dummy text that you can replace with your own.
How do you cite a PowerPoint in IEEE?
Format:  F. Lastname, “Title of slides,” presented to Class, Institution, City, State, Country, Month Day, Year. [PowerPointslides].