How do you change the text on a PowerPoint slide?
- It’s easy to edit text on a Microsoft PowerPoint slide. This feature works the same in all modern versions of Microsoft PowerPoint: 2010, 2013, and 2016. Use your mouse to select the text you want to change. Press Delete. Type your new text.
- 1 How do you change the text at the bottom of a PowerPoint?
- 2 How do I change the footer text in a PowerPoint master slide?
- 3 How do I edit the title slide in PowerPoint?
- 4 How do you change text in PowerPoint?
- 5 How do I change the footer position in PowerPoint?
- 6 How do I change the lock footer in PowerPoint?
- 7 How do I get rid of the footer line in PowerPoint?
- 8 Why can’t I edit a text box in PowerPoint?
- 9 How do I edit master text in PowerPoint?
- 10 How do I add a comment to the title of a text box in PowerPoint?
- 11 How you can insert a comment in the PowerPoint presentation?
- 12 How do I enable comments in PowerPoint?
To delete or change the text, do the following:
- On the View tab, click Slide Master.
- At the top of the thumbnail pane, check the slide master for the text. If the slide master doesn’t contain the text, check the accompanying slide layouts below it in the thumbnail pane.
- Select the text and change or delete it.
On the View menu, select Master > Slide Master. At the top of the thumbnail pane, click the slide master to select it. Highlight any footer elements (such as date, footer text, or slide number) on the slide master, and then on the Home tab, choose the font formatting you want in the Font and Paragraph groups.
How do I edit the title slide in PowerPoint?
Modify the title element On the View menu, point to Master, and then click Slide Master. In the navigation pane, click the slide master. The slide master is the top slide in the navigation pane. Select the title element on the master slide, and then drag the sizing handle to change the size of the title element.
How do you change text in PowerPoint?
Select the text you want to modify. Click the Align Text command in the Paragraph group. A menu will appear. Choose to align the text at the Top, Middle, or Bottom of the text box.
If you want to change the position of the header or footer, move the placeholder text box on the Master Slide (see the Master Slide tab for more information). Notice that by default, you are editing the header and footer for the slide that will display during your presentation.
Click the “Header & Footer ” button in the middle of the ribbon. Uncheck the box to the left of “Footer.” Click “Apply to All.” You can also remove the footer from a single slide by unchecking “Footer” and clicking the “Apply” button on each slide that shouldn’t have a footer.
Delete header and footer information from notes
- Select any slide.
- Select Insert > Header & Footer.
- In the Header and Footer dialog box, click the Notes and Handouts tab, clear the boxes for the options you want to remove from the header or footer.
- Select Apply to All.
Why can’t I edit a text box in PowerPoint?
Select the problem slide, then choose View>Slide Master. The layout for the slide will appear. Cut all items that should be editable, close the master view and paste them on the slide. If that doesn’t fix the issue, the text boxes may be locked in the XML, which is a little more involved to repair.
How do I edit master text in PowerPoint?
Make sure you are on the main Slide Master (the one at the very top in the left column). Click on the edge of the Title text box, then go to the Shape Format Ribbon. Click on the Edit Shape button, then choose Change Shape, and pick the style you would like.
How do I add a comment to the title of a text box in PowerPoint?
Add a comment
- On the slide that you want to add a comment to, do one of the following: To add a comment about text or an object on a slide, select the text or object.
- On the Review tab, in the Comments group, click New Comment.
- Type your comments, and then click outside the comment box.
How you can insert a comment in the PowerPoint presentation?
How to Insert a Comment in PowerPoint
- Click where you want to attach your comment.
- Click the Review tab.
- Click New Comment. The Comments pane appears at the right with a new empty comment ready for you to type in.
- Type your comment.
- Click outside the comment to save it.
How do I enable comments in PowerPoint?
Adding a Comment in PowerPoint
- With your PowerPoint presentation open, select the item you’d like to add a comment to.
- In the “Review” tab, select the “New Comment” button from the “Comments” group.
- Type in your comment to the right.
- In the “Comments” group, you can toggle “Show comments” on and off by clicking it.