Here are 5 steps to use white space effectively in your PowerPoint slides:
- Keep the slide background clean. Strong backgrounds tend to make your slides look unnecessarily complex.
- Remove the footer.
- Remove unnecessary clipart.
- Convey one idea per slide:
- Differentiate the title from the rest of the content.
What does white space mean on a PowerPoint slide?
- White space is the unused space between the various elements (i.e. shapes, text boxes, pictures, etc.) on your PowerPoint slide. It’s a design tool that is used both actively and passively to transform your slide into something that is crisp, clean, elegant and just plain awesome.
- 1 How do I get rid of white space in PowerPoint?
- 2 How do you fill a slide?
- 3 How do you make a white space picture transparent?
- 4 How do I remove white space from a PNG?
- 5 How do I get out of fullscreen in PowerPoint?
- 6 How do you fill an image in PowerPoint?
- 7 Where are smart guides in PowerPoint?
- 8 How do I crop a slide in PowerPoint?
- 9 Can I add a timer in PowerPoint?
- 10 How do I make a picture transparent in Google Slides?
- 11 How do I make a PNG transparent?
How do I get rid of white space in PowerPoint?
To remove a white background from an image in PowerPoint, simply:
- Insert and select a picture on your slide.
- Navigate to the Picture Tools Format Tab.
- Open the Color drop down.
- Select the Set Transparent Color tool (your cursor becomes a little pen with an arrow)
- Click on the color you want to remove from your background.
How do you fill a slide?
Right-click the margin of the slide and then select Format Background. Under Fill, choose Picture or texture fill. To adjust the picture’s relative lightness, slide the Transparency bar to the right. To apply the background picture to all slides in your presentation, choose Apply to All.
How do you make a white space picture transparent?
Add a transparent area to a picture You can create a transparent area in most pictures. Select the picture that you want to create transparent areas in. Click Picture Tools > Recolor > Set Transparent Color. In the picture, click the color you want to make transparent.
How do I remove white space from a PNG?
1 Correct answer Open the png in Photoshop use the magic wand to select the white, delete it and save the document as a png without the white.
How do I get out of fullscreen in PowerPoint?
You can exit presentation mode by clicking the Esc key on your keyboard. Alternatively, you can click the Slide Show Options button in the bottom-left and select End Show.
How do you fill an image in PowerPoint?
Crop to fit or fill a shape You can have a picture as the fill for a shape. Just click the shape to which you want to add a picture, then under DRAWING TOOLS, on the FORMAT tab, click Shape Styles > Shape Fill > Picture, and select the picture that you want. Click the picture that you want within the shape.
Where are smart guides in PowerPoint?
Select the Guides check box on the View tab to turn them on. Horizontal and vertical guides appear on the slide. You can click and drag them wherever you want.
How do I crop a slide in PowerPoint?
PowerPoint allows one-click cropping for several standard aspect ratios.
- Click and select the image in the slide.
- Go to Picture Tools > Format.
- Select the Aspect Ratio you want from the dropdown and apply it to the image.
- Use the Crop rectangle to adjust the crop area.
Can I add a timer in PowerPoint?
And of course, you’ll find many add-ins that offer the feature of adding a PowerPoint countdown timer for your presentation. You just need to open PowerPoint and go to the Insert ribbon > Get Add-ins. Once there, you just need to type “timer” in the search bar, and you’ll get all the options PowerPoint has to offer.
How do I make a picture transparent in Google Slides?
How to Make an Image Transparent in Google Slides
- Open your slideshow.
- Right-click the picture and choose Format options.
- Click the Adjustments arrow.
- Adjust the Transparency slider.
How do I make a PNG transparent?
How to make a picture’s background transparent
- Step 1: Insert the image into the editor.
- Step 2: Next, click the Fill button on the toolbar and choose Transparent.
- Step 3: Adjust your tolerance.
- Step 4: Click the background areas you want to remove.
- Step 5: Save your image as a PNG.