Select an audio file to insert
- In Normal view, click the slide that you want to add a sound to.
- On the Insert tab, in the Media group, click the arrow under Audio.
- In the list, click Audio from file or Clip Art audio, locate and select the audio clip that you want, and then click Insert.
How do I insert an audio clip into PowerPoint?
- To insert a sound file from your hard drive onto a PowerPoint slide, follow these steps: Move to the slide to which you want to add the sound. Open the Insert tab on the Ribbon, click the Audio button located on the right side of the tab, and then choose Audio on My PC. Select the audio file that you want to insert. Click the Insert button.
How do I add audio to PowerPoint for free?
Open your PowerPoint presentation and select the slide where you want to add audio. On the Insert tab, in the Media group, click the Audio drop-down arrow. Select Record Audio. A new window will open.
Why can’t I insert audio in PowerPoint?
When you are on the Insert Tab in Office 365, go to the right side of the Ribbon and look for a double chevron that should launch a pop up with all of the tools that aren’t showing up on your Ribbon (because there isn’t room). Your Audio option might be in there.
How do you add sound and movies to PowerPoint?
Inserting Sound or Video
- To insert a sound or video, go to the Insert Ribbon and click on the Video or Audio icon and choose Video or Audio from File….
- Navigate to the correct clip, and click the OK button.
- Once audio is inserted, an audio button will appear, allowing sound to play when it is clicked on.
How do you get audio to play automatically on PowerPoint?
In Normal view (where you edit your slides), click the audio icon on the slide. On the Audio Tools Playback tab, in the Audio Options group, select In Click Sequence or Automatically in the Start list.
How do you record voice over in PowerPoint?
Open the PowerPoint presentation in which you would like to record a voiceover narration. Head over to the “Slide Show” tab and, in the “Set Up” group, select “Record Slide Show.” Once selected, a drop-down menu will appear. Here, you can choose to start the narration from the beginning or from the current slide.
How do you add audio to all slides in PowerPoint?
On the Insert tab, select Audio, and then Audio from File. In the file explorer, locate the music file you want to use and then select Insert. With the audio icon selected on the slide, on the Playback tab, click the list named Start, and select Play across slides.