Insert a video stored on your computer
- In Normal view, select the slide you’d like to add a video to.
- On the Insert tab, click Video, then click Movie from File.
- In the Choose a Movie dialog box, select the file you want to insert. If you want to embed the video on the slide, simply click Insert.
How can I insert a video in PowerPoint?
- Open your PowerPoint presentation and select the slide you want to add the video to. Click on the “Insert” tab and select “Video”. Choose “Video from file” (PowerPoint 2010)/”Video on My PC” (PowerPoint 2013/2016) and select your video file from your folder.
- 1 Why I Cannot insert video in PowerPoint?
- 2 How do I insert a YouTube video into PowerPoint?
- 3 How do I insert a video into PowerPoint 2010?
- 4 What video format works in PowerPoint?
- 5 How do you embed a video?
- 6 Can I use a YouTube video in a presentation?
- 7 Can you use videos in PowerPoint?
- 8 What is the best video format to insert into PowerPoint?
Why I Cannot insert video in PowerPoint?
You can never insert a video file in PowerPoint if the video is in an unsupported format. You have to convert the file into WMV, ASF, or MP4 format. And if you are using an earlier version of PowerPoint, you have to install QuickTime on your system to convert them to MP4. Click on the Video option and select “Movie.”
How do I insert a YouTube video into PowerPoint?
2. Use an Embed Code
- Go to YouTube and find the desired video. Click on Share, and then choose the Embed icon to generate an HTML code.
- Open your presentation and select the slide. Go to Insert and click Video → Online Video again.
- Insert the code into the From a Video Embed Code field.
- Click on Insert or press Enter.
How do I insert a video into PowerPoint 2010?
To insert a video from a file on your computer: From the Insert tab, click the Video drop-down arrow and select Video from File. Locate and select the desired video file, then click Insert. The video will be added to the slide.
What video format works in PowerPoint?
PowerPoint 2013, 2016, and 2019 are all compatible with most video formats, especially MP4, while WMV is recommended for PowerPoint 2010.
How do you embed a video?
Embed videos & playlists
- On a computer, go to the YouTube video or playlist you want to embed.
- Click SHARE.
- From the list of Share options, click Embed.
- From the box that appears, copy the HTML code.
- Paste the code into your website HTML.
Can I use a YouTube video in a presentation?
In general, embedding an online video in your presentation or Moodle course is safe and not a breach of copyright as the content is streaming directly from the host server and you’re not reproducing or downloading the video.
Can you use videos in PowerPoint?
In PowerPoint, you can add animated GIFs, videos from your computer or online videos, recordings, export your presentation as a video, and even add captions to videos.
What is the best video format to insert into PowerPoint?
For the best video playback experience,
- If you are using a Windows 8 or Windows 10 computer, we recommend you to add. mp4 videos encoded with H. 264 video and AAC audio to PowerPoint 2013 or later;
- If you a Windows 7 or Windows Vista or Windows XP computer, we strongly recommend you insert WMV or MPEG-1 videos.