Compress pictures in your presentation
- Select a picture in your document. The Picture Format tab appears.
- On the Picture Format tab, in the Adjust group, select Compress Pictures.
- Under Compression options, do either of the following:
- Under Resolution, select Use default resolution.
How can I reduce the size of a picture in PowerPoint?
- Step 1. Select the Image Open the PowerPoint document and select the picture you need to reduce size. Then go to “Format “Compress Pictures”. Step 2. Compress the Image Now, a dialogue box pops up and you can choose “Apply only to this picture”.
- 1 Why is my PPT file size so large?
- 2 How do I make a PowerPoint file smaller to upload?
- 3 How do I change the default picture size in PowerPoint?
- 4 How can I reduce PPT file size?
- 5 How do I reduce PowerPoint file size?
- 6 Can you compress all images in PowerPoint?
- 7 How do reduce file size?
- 8 How do I compress pictures in PowerPoint for Mac?
- 9 How do I make an image fit in PowerPoint?
- 10 How do you align pictures in PowerPoint?
- 11 How do I reduce the MB size of a PowerPoint presentation online?
- 12 How do I send a PowerPoint that is too big?
- 13 How do I compress photos?
Why is my PPT file size so large?
Some of the most common reasons for PowerPoint file size to increase are using multiple images, using large images, or embedding elements such as fonts, video or audio directly in the presentation file. An easy way to reduce the file size is to use special compression programs designed for PowerPoint files.
How do I make a PowerPoint file smaller to upload?
Navigate to the File tab in PowerPoint, and the Info page should be selected. If you have video files in your PowerPoint the first button on this page will be to ‘ Compress Media ‘. Click this button and choose the quality you want PowerPoint to compress your file to.
How do I change the default picture size in PowerPoint?
To make them all the same size, first, select all of the images by holding ctrl and clicking each image in turn. Head over to the “Format” tab under “Picture Tools.” Over in the “Size” group, enter the height and width you want for the images.
How can I reduce PPT file size?
10 Strategies to Compress or Reduce the Size of Large PowerPoint Presentations
- Compress pictures.
- Insert pictures instead of copying and pasting.
- Use smaller image files.
- Convert images to a different file type.
- Save a copy of images with artistic effects.
- Compress audio and video.
- Link to audio or video files.
How do I reduce PowerPoint file size?
Lowering the default resolution for images also reduces your overall file size.
- Go to File > Options > Advanced.
- Under Image Size and Quality, do the following: Select Discard editing data. This option removes stored data that’s used to restore the image to its original state after it’s been edited.
Can you compress all images in PowerPoint?
Open the PowerPoint presentation that contains the images you’d like to compress and then select a photo. The “Compress Pictures” window will appear. Select the picture quality you’d like to use, then select if you’d like to apply the compression to all images in the presentation or only the selected image.
How do reduce file size?
Remove unnecessary images, formatting and macros. Save the file as a recent Word version. Reduce the file size of the images before they are added to the document. If it is still too large, save the file as a PDF.
How do I compress pictures in PowerPoint for Mac?
How to compress a PowerPoint file on a Mac
- Open your PowerPoint slideshow and click “File” in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- In the dropdown menu, click “Compress Pictures”
- You’ll be shown a “Compression Table,” which lists all the different ways you can compress the file.
How do I make an image fit in PowerPoint?
Crop a picture to fit a shape
- Click the picture that you want within the shape.
- Click PICTURE TOOLS > FORMAT > Size and click the arrow under Crop. If you don’t see the Picture Tools and Format tabs, make sure that you selected a picture.
- Click Fill or Fit.
- When you are finished, press ESC.
How do you align pictures in PowerPoint?
- Select the objects you want to align. Press Shift to select multiple objects.
- Select Format > Align and select how you want to align them: Align Left, Align Center, or Align Right. Align Top, Align Middle, or Align Bottom. Distribute Horizontally or Distribute Vertically.
How do I reduce the MB size of a PowerPoint presentation online?
How to Compress a PPT File for Free
- Upload your PPT to the compress tool; choose ‘Basic Compression. ‘
- Download the file and then choose ‘PDF to PPT’ via the overhead menu.
- Drag the first downloaded file into the orange toolbar.
- Wait for the tool to convert the file and hit ‘Download. ‘
How do I send a PowerPoint that is too big?
To compress large presentations into zip files:
- Right-click on the file in your computer.
- Choose Send to.
- Select the compressed (zipped) folder.
- Log in to your file hosting service and follow the steps required to upload a file and share it via a link.
How do I compress photos?
Compress a picture
- Select the picture you want to compress.
- Click the Picture Tools Format tab, and then click Compress Pictures.
- Do one of the following: To compress your pictures for insertion into a document, under Resolution, click Print.
- Click OK, and name and save the compressed picture somewhere you can find it.