10 Strategies to Compress or Reduce the Size of Large PowerPoint Presentations
- Compress pictures.
- Insert pictures instead of copying and pasting.
- Use smaller image files.
- Convert images to a different file type.
- Save a copy of images with artistic effects.
- Compress audio and video.
- Link to audio or video files.
How can I reduce the size of a PowerPoint file?
- Step 1: Open the PowerPoint presentation. Step 2: Click File and then in the File menu select Reduce File Size. Step 3: In the Picture Quality box, select Best for sending in e-mail (96 ppi), check Delete cropped areas of pictures, select All pictures in this file or select Selected pictures only based on your own needs, and then click OK.
- 1 How do I reduce the size of a PowerPoint file in 2020?
- 2 Why is my PowerPoint file so large?
- 3 How do I send a PowerPoint that is too big?
- 4 How can I reduce the size of a PowerPoint file online for free?
- 5 How do I reduce the size of a PowerPoint file in Windows 10?
- 6 How do I compress file size?
- 7 How do I reduce the file size of an mp4?
How do I reduce the size of a PowerPoint file in 2020?
Compress all images while saving the PPT file
- Open your presentation. Go to File in the PowerPoint menu.
- Click Save as and then Browse.
- In the window that opens, click on Tools (right beside Save)
- Select Compress Pictures and choose the resolution you need.
- Click OK and then Save.
Why is my PowerPoint file so large?
Some of the most common reasons for PowerPoint file size to increase are using multiple images, using large images, or embedding elements such as fonts, video or audio directly in the presentation file. An easy way to reduce the file size is to use special compression programs designed for PowerPoint files.
How do I send a PowerPoint that is too big?
To compress large presentations into zip files:
- Right-click on the file in your computer.
- Choose Send to.
- Select the compressed (zipped) folder.
- Log in to your file hosting service and follow the steps required to upload a file and share it via a link.
How can I reduce the size of a PowerPoint file online for free?
How to Compress a PPT File for Free
- Upload your PPT to the compress tool; choose ‘Basic Compression. ‘
- Download the file and then choose ‘PDF to PPT’ via the overhead menu.
- Drag the first downloaded file into the orange toolbar.
- Wait for the tool to convert the file and hit ‘Download. ‘
How do I reduce the size of a PowerPoint file in Windows 10?
Reduce the file size of your PowerPoint presentations
- Select a picture in your document. The Picture Format tab appears.
- On the Picture Format tab, in the Adjust group, select Compress Pictures.
- Under Compression options, do any of the following:
How do I compress file size?
Here’s how to compress a file:
- Right-click the file or folder icon to compress.
- Choose Properties from the shortcut menu.
- On the General tab of the Properties dialog box, click the Advanced button.
- Place a check mark by the option Compress Contents to Save Disk Space.
How do I reduce the file size of an mp4?
3 Method 3 of 4: Using Video Compress on Android
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android.
- Tap the search bar.
- Type “video compress” in the search bar.
- Tap Video Compress.
- Tap Install.