How to delete an author name in an Office document (Word, PowerPoint, or Excel)
- Open the document. NOTE: If you want to change the author name in a template, right-click on the template, and select Open to open the template.
- Go to File Info.
- Right click on the author’s name.
- Select Remove Person.
- How to change the PowerPoint Presentation Author Contact. To change the author name, you will need to right click on the Author property. Notice that this will show you the presentation author and It is not the same as the Last Modified By value. To remove the author, right click and then click Remove Person.
- 1 How do I change the author in PowerPoint?
- 2 How do I make my PowerPoint anonymous?
- 3 How do you remove personal information from PowerPoint?
- 4 How do I change the author name in track changes?
- 5 How do I change the author name on an existing comment?
- 6 How do I make my PowerPoint non editable?
- 7 How can I tell who has access to my PowerPoint?
- 8 How do I remove hidden properties and personal information in PowerPoint?
- 9 How do I remove personal information from PowerPoint Mac?
- 10 How do I delete all document properties and personal information?
- 11 How do I permanently remove the Author in Word?
- 12 How do I remove the Author from track changes on a Mac?
- 13 Why does Word change my name to Author?
To change the author name in PowerPoint, click on File > Options. This will open up additional settings to choose from. Then click on ‘Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office’. Then overwrite the name that is in the ‘User name’ box with the name you want.
How do I make my PowerPoint anonymous?
Click the “File” menu and select “Save As. ” Give the file a new name if you don’t want to write over the original. Note that the last author’s name is listed below the Save as Type menu.
How do you remove personal information from PowerPoint?
Select Check for Issues > Inspect Document. Select the types of content that you want to inspect, and then select Inspect. Review the results. For each type of content that you want to remove from the document, select Remove All.
Method 1: Edit User Name
- First and foremost, click “Review” tab.
- Then click “Track Change” in “Tracking” group.
- Next, click “Change User Name”.
- Now the “Word Options” dialog box will pop up. Make sure the “General” tab is displayed. Then change the user name and initials.
- Finally, click “OK”.
How to change the Author name on comments in Microsoft Word
- Open the Word document.
- Click Review in the toolbar.
- Click Track Changes.
- Click Markup Options.
- Select Preferences in the drop-down.
- Click Show All.
- Select Users Information.
- Change Name.
How do I make my PowerPoint non editable?
Open the presentation that you want to make read-only, then click the “File” tab. Next, in the left-hand pane, select “Info.” You’ll now see a “Protect Presentation” section, which lets you (to an extent) protect against any editing of your presentation. Click “Protect Presentation.”
How can I tell who has access to my PowerPoint?
In order to check who has the access to your site, you will need to press “Share” (see the right top part of your page). In the dialog box “Share” you will need to press the link which is located after “Shared With”. This will allow you to see all people your document/file has been shared with.
To open the Document Inspector, click File > Info > Check for Issues > Inspect Document. The PowerPoint Document Inspection window shown below opens up. Click Inspect to identify hidden content, and click Remove All to remove the item of your choice.
How do I remove personal information from PowerPoint Mac?
Office 365 (Mac) Then select where you want to save the file, type a name in the File Name box and click Save. Click File and then click Properties. On the Summary tab, make sure to delete any information you don’t want to appear, such as Author, Title and Comments. Then click OK to accept the changes.
How do I delete all document properties and personal information?
Word examines the document, and then displays the results in a list. The second item in the list is “Document Properties and Personal Information.” To the right of “Document Properties and Personal Information” is a button labeled “Remove All.” Click that button. Next click “Close” then save your document.
How do I permanently remove the Author in Word?
To remove an author on the “Info” screen, right-click on the author’s name and select “Remove Person” from the popup menu. You can also use the “Document Panel” to add and remove authors.
How do I remove the Author from track changes on a Mac?
Go to the Review tab. Click the Protect Document tool. Click Remove personal information from this file on save.
Why does Word change my name to Author?
The replacement of reviewer names with “Author” occurs when the Document Inspector has been run on the document and told to remove document properties and personal information.