Click on the edge of the text box or WordArt and drag it to move it over top the other text. You know when you’re on the edge because your mouse pointer will turn to a cross with arrows.
- 1 How do I overlay text on a picture in PowerPoint?
- 2 How do you insert an overlay in PowerPoint?
- 3 How do I make a text box opaque in PowerPoint?
- 4 How do you overlay a grid in PowerPoint?
- 5 What does it mean to overlay something?
- 6 How do you make a text box see through?
- 7 How do I create a text box without borders?
- 8 How do you make a text box invisible?
- 9 What are grid lines?
How do I overlay text on a picture in PowerPoint?
Use a text box to add text on top of a photo
- In your presentation, make sure that you’ve inserted a photo.
- On the Insert tab, in the Text group, click Text Box, drag to draw a text box anywhere near the picture, and then type your text.
How do you insert an overlay in PowerPoint?
Go to a PowerPoint slide where you want an overlay added. Click the Insert tab. To create a color overlay, click the Shapes icon and select any shape, like a Rounded Rectangle. If you prefer to create an overlay from a Picture, click the Pictures or Online Pictures icon in the Insert ribbon.
How do I make a text box opaque in PowerPoint?
To adjust the transparency of the shape, click More Fill Colors. At the bottom of the Colors dialog box, move the Transparency slider, or enter a number in the box next to the slider. You can vary the percentage of transparency from 0% (fully opaque, the default setting) to 100% (fully transparent).
How do you overlay a grid in PowerPoint?
To show the gridlines, in Excel, PowerPoint, or Word, click the View tab, and then check the Gridlines box. To hide the gridlines, clear the Gridlines check box.
What does it mean to overlay something?
transitive verb. 1a: to lay or spread over or across: superimpose. b: to prepare an overlay for.
How do you make a text box see through?
To control the transparency, follow these steps:
- Place your text box, as normal.
- Right-click on the text box.
- Choose Format Text Box from the Context menu.
- Make sure the Colors and Lines tab is selected.
- Click the Semitransparent check box if you want a “ghost image” of what is behind the text box to show through.
How do I create a text box without borders?
Remove the border
- Select the text box or shape. If you want to change multiple text boxes or shapes, click the first text box or shape, and then press and hold Ctrl while you click the other text boxes or shapes.
- On the Format tab, click Shape Outline, and then click No Outline.
How do you make a text box invisible?
- Right-click the text box that you want to make invisible.
- On the shortcut menu, click Format Text Box.
- On the Colors and Lines tab, in the Fill section, click the arrow next to Color, and then click No Color.
- On the Colors and Lines tab, in the Line section, click the arrow next to Color, and then click No Color.
What are grid lines?
Definition of grid line: any of a series of numbered horizontal and perpendicular lines that divide a map into squares to form a grid by means of which any point may be located by a system of rectangular coordinates.