What to do if your PowerPoint slides are different on different computers?
- Considering the issue only occur with the specific version of PowerPoint presentation, you can create new blank presentation and reuse the slides from the problematic PowerPoint file. For more steps, read Reuse (import) slides from another presentation. You can also save the file as a different format of file to have a check.
- 1 Why does my PowerPoint format change?
- 2 How do I stop my PowerPoint from changing display settings?
- 3 How do I change the appearance of my PowerPoint?
- 4 Why is my PowerPoint distorted?
- 5 How Do You Keep source formatting in PowerPoint?
- 6 What is difference between PPT and PPTX?
- 7 How do I permanently change presenter view in PowerPoint?
- 8 How do you turn off Presenter view in PowerPoint?
- 9 How do I get rid of presenter view in PowerPoint for Mac?
- 10 What is facet in PowerPoint?
- 11 What is the difference between Pptx and POTX?
- 12 How do I have different backgrounds in PowerPoint?
- 13 How can you protect your presentation from accidental changes?
- 14 Why do my images look blurry in PowerPoint?
- 15 How do I get PowerPoint to not stretch pictures?
Why does my PowerPoint format change?
Often, when you open OneDrive files, they open in PowerPoint Online. That version knows nothing about the fonts you have installed on your computer. It only uses a set of online fonts that have been added by Microsoft. So the formatting changes.
How do I stop my PowerPoint from changing display settings?
To disable the presenter view:
- Within PowerPoint, click the [Slide Show] tab.
- Locate the “Monitors” group > Uncheck “Use Presenter View.”
- Within the “Monitors” group, click the “Monitor” dropdown menu > Select the specific monitor on which the slideshow should display. (The default option reads “Automatic.”)
How do I change the appearance of my PowerPoint?
Changing a Theme
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint.
- On the Design tab, in the Themes group, select the theme that best fits your needs from the list. If you hover over any of them, you’ll see a preview. When you’re ready to continue, just click the theme. It will be applied to the entire presentation.
Why is my PowerPoint distorted?
That can be fixed either by installing an updated Windows 10 video driver (if one is available), or by choosing File>Options>Advanced, scrolling to the Display section and checking Disable Slide Show hardware graphics acceleration.
How Do You Keep source formatting in PowerPoint?
Right-click one of the selected slides, and then click Copy., which appears near the pasted slides on the Outline or Slides tab in Normal view, or in the Slides pane, and then click Keep Source Formatting.
What is difference between PPT and PPTX?
The main difference between PPT and PPTX files is the fact that the XML version are considered “open source”. This means that it is much easier for other types of presentation programs to open files saved in the PPTX format.
How do I permanently change presenter view in PowerPoint?
Swap the Presenter view and Slide view monitors To manually determine which screen shows your notes in Presenter view and which shows only the slides themselves, on the task bar at the top of Presenter view, select Display Settings, and then select Swap Presenter View and Slide Show.
How do you turn off Presenter view in PowerPoint?
There is a way to disable Presenter View.
- Select the SLIDE SHOW tab.
- In the Monitors group, please uncheck the box for Use Presenter View.
- On the Monitor drop-down menu, select Primary Monitor.
How do I get rid of presenter view in PowerPoint for Mac?
Turning off Presenter View on MS Office for Mac
- Once PowerPoint is open select PowerPoint at top of screen.
- Choose Preferences.
- In the Output and Sharing pane, click Slide Show.
- Uncheck Always start Presenter View with 2 displays.
What is facet in PowerPoint?
Green geometric shapes and subtle lines create a dynamic frame against a white background to showcase your content. This theme contains coordinating fonts, effects, and accent colors, and is a general purpose design in 16:9 format, suitable for any situation: business, education, or home use. PowerPoint.
What is the difference between Pptx and POTX?
POTX files are used to create multiple. PPTX files with the same formatting. POTX files are saved in the Open XML standard format, which was introduced in Microsoft Office 2007. POTX files come installed with PowerPoint allowing you to create presentations from professionally designed templates.
How do I have different backgrounds in PowerPoint?
Apply a different background to all slides
- On the Design tab, in Customize, click Format Background.
- Select among the Solid, Gradient, Picture or Texture, or Pattern fill options to create the background style that you want.
- Select Apply to All.
How can you protect your presentation from accidental changes?
Add password protection to a file
- Select File > Info.
- Select Protect Presentation > Encrypt with Password.
- In the Password box, enter the password you’d like to use. Select OK.
- PowerPoint prompts you to confirm the password by entering it once more.
- Save the file to ensure the password takes effect.
Why do my images look blurry in PowerPoint?
When adding images from your hard drive to a slide, PowerPoint compresses them automatically unless you tell it not to do that. If you save the file, work on it and save it again, PowerPoint compresses the images again. If you keep repeating this process, your images’ quality will slowly degrade with each save.
How do I get PowerPoint to not stretch pictures?
Insert a picture onto a slide and select it. Click and drag a corner handle of the image to resize smaller or larger. Press Shift while you drag a corner handle to prevent stretching and keep your picture in proportion. Don’t drag from any of the side handles; this will distort the picture even if you do press Shift!