Some of the most common reasons for PowerPoint file size to increase are using multiple images, using large images, or embedding elements such as fonts, video or audio directly in the presentation file. An easy way to reduce the file size is to use special compression programs designed for PowerPoint files.
- 1 Why is my PPT so many MB?
- 2 How do I reduce the MB in PowerPoint?
- 3 How do I find out why my PowerPoint is so large?
- 4 How many MB should a PowerPoint be?
- 5 Why is my PowerPoint PDF so large?
- 6 How do you email a PowerPoint that is too large?
- 7 How do reduce file size?
- 8 How do you resize a PowerPoint slide?
- 9 How do I reduce the size of a PowerPoint to email?
- 10 How do I reduce the size of a PowerPoint file in 2020?
- 11 How can I compress a PowerPoint file online for free?
Why is my PPT so many MB?
Are you wondering “why is my PowerPoint file so large?” PowerPoint presentations can easily increase in size over time. As you’re adding more video, images, audio, and slides, the file size will increase as well.
How do I reduce the MB in PowerPoint?
10 Strategies to Compress or Reduce the Size of Large PowerPoint Presentations
- Compress pictures.
- Insert pictures instead of copying and pasting.
- Use smaller image files.
- Convert images to a different file type.
- Save a copy of images with artistic effects.
- Compress audio and video.
- Link to audio or video files.
How do I find out why my PowerPoint is so large?
The secret to finding out which are the biggest items in a PowerPoint is to know the format of a PowerPoint pptx file. This type is used by default by Office 2007 and later but can be saved by Office 2000, Office XP, or Office 2003 when a compatibility pack is installed.
How many MB should a PowerPoint be?
Standard PowerPoint (. PPT or. PPTX) files should generally be no more than 10 MB, depending on the length and number of images in the file. PPT files with voice-over narration should be no more than 40 MB.
Why is my PowerPoint PDF so large?
Why is the PDF bigger than the PPT? PowerPoint and PDFs don’t always play well together. The most popular reason is the image & video sizes you’ve added to your presentation.
How do you email a PowerPoint that is too large?
To compress large presentations into zip files:
- Right-click on the file in your computer.
- Choose Send to.
- Select the compressed (zipped) folder.
- Log in to your file hosting service and follow the steps required to upload a file and share it via a link.
How do reduce file size?
Remove unnecessary images, formatting and macros. Save the file as a recent Word version. Reduce the file size of the images before they are added to the document. If it is still too large, save the file as a PDF.
How do you resize a PowerPoint slide?
To change the slide size:
- Select the Design tab of the toolbar ribbon.
- Select Slide Size near the far right end of the toolbar.
- Select Standard (4:3 aspect ratio) or Widescreen (16:9) or Custom Slide Size.
How do I reduce the size of a PowerPoint to email?
Navigate to the File tab in PowerPoint, and the Info page should be selected. If you have video files in your PowerPoint the first button on this page will be to ‘ Compress Media ‘. Click this button and choose the quality you want PowerPoint to compress your file to.
How do I reduce the size of a PowerPoint file in 2020?
More videos on YouTube
- Open your presentation. Go to File in the PowerPoint menu.
- Click Save as and then Browse.
- In the window that opens, click on Tools (right beside Save)
- Select Compress Pictures and choose the resolution you need.
- Click OK and then Save.
How can I compress a PowerPoint file online for free?
How to Compress a PPT File for Free
- Upload your PPT to the compress tool; choose ‘Basic Compression. ‘
- Download the file and then choose ‘PDF to PPT’ via the overhead menu.
- Drag the first downloaded file into the orange toolbar.
- Wait for the tool to convert the file and hit ‘Download. ‘